It’s important when you have a pay per click search campaign to
understand how your ad rank within Google works. I found this chart
and wanted to share because it was a real eye opener for me.
Ad Rank = Bid X Quality Score
Impact of Quality Score (QS) on Cost Per Click (CPC):
If Quality Score is: Your CPC v QS:
10 Discounted by 30%
9 Discounted by 22.2%
8 Discounted by 12.5%
6 Increased by 16.7%
5 Increased by 40%
4 Increased by 75%
3 Increased by 133.3%
2 Increased by 250%
1 Increased by 600%
To find a representation of your keywords’ Quality Scores in your
1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com
2. Select the appropriate campaign and ad group.
3. Click the Keywords tab.
4. Click the button Filter and views
5. Select Show Quality Score from the drop-down menu.
6. Click Save when you’re finished.
Each keyword will have a number showing it’s quailty score out of 10
possible. Example: 7/10.