If you’ve been looking into business efficiency for any length of time, then you’ve probably encountered the idea of the autoresponder. It’s basically a program or service that will automatically respond to your customers for you. Autoresponders can help your business in five different ways.
- The first way is by giving your customer an immediate response, even if it’s the middle of the night and you’re already asleep. Whether they’re placing an order or asking a question, customers feel better knowing that you received their request, even if it’s only acknowledged by an automated system. It certainly helps your business’s sense of professionalism.
- The next way autoresponders help you is by reducing your workload. Often, all that is needed is an automatic response saying that the order has shipped or the e-book is available for download in a specific location. By having these types of similar responses taken care of by the autoresponder, you don’t have to do yourself.
- The third way they help is by automatically building an e-mail list for you. If you have an actual e-mail list of all your customers, then you can sell to them more than once, instead of potentially losing them after the first sale. This gives you a valuable list of people you know are interested in what you’re selling.
- The fourth way relates to the third – using the e-mail list generated by your autoresponder, you can build strong relationships with all your customers by regularly communicating with all of them by e-mail. If you send them interesting, useful e-mails, will become familiar with you and your business, and be even more likely to buy from you again.
- The fifth and final way autoresponders help your business is by allowing you to track exactly how successful your e-mail endeavors truly are. The autoresponder will tell you exactly how many people are opening your e-mails, which will allow you to see what’s working well and what isn’t working at all. This kind of feedback is priceless when it comes to improving your business.
So, autoresponders allow you to reply to a customer even when you aren’t personally available to do so. They reduce your workload, and can be used to automatically generate an e-mail list of all your customers. They’ll allow you to use this e-mail list to build relationships with your customers, as well as track your success in doing so. With all these advantages, there’s really no reason not to have one.
I highly recommend Aweber as your new autoresponder. They have a low monthly fee, great delivery stats.