We are living in the age of social media.
Whether you run an offline business or online marketing business, you can never ignore the potential of social media marketing.
When you have an online business, participating at popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ can quickly put you ahead of the game.
Which social media channel should I focus on?
All of them listed above! These are the most widely used and will be a great asset to your business exposure.
You can click the buttons at the top right on this blog to connect with me!
What kind of strategies do I use when planning my social media marketing campaigns?
Here are some very basic rules of engagement for social media:
- Be yourself! Remember this is a social site. Get to know one another here. Just meet and greet like being at one huge party!
- Have a nice picture of yourself or your brand and make sure to fully fill out the profile section for each social media channel you choose. People want to know about you!
- Always lead with value. If you are not providing any value to your audience then why would they respond? Put yourself in your audience’s shoes, would you see any value in this post, if not then start over.
- The very best strategy of all is make sure you are sharing, liking or commenting on others content consistently and frequently.
- I like using the 80/20 rule where you post 80% value content and 20% business promotion.
One of the best ways for you to keep track of all the social media campaigns you have is to use a service called HootSuite. It is a great place to monitor and stay engaged with all your social media campaigns in one place. This service also helps you track your results so you can see what content is the most engaging in your specific channel for your social media campaign.
So, are you ready to start your social media marketing campaigns? Please let me know in comments.